Job Type: Part-time
Application Deadline: May 15, 2023
Starting Date: August 21, 2023
Salary: $25 Per Hour
Reports to: Executive Director
Works collaboratively with other staff to develop, implement, and assess the total educational program of the Urban Collaborative; works with a team that is responsible for the education of 70-80 students; works with all school and community resources to ensure the students’ success.
- Carries out the instructional plans as directed by the absent teacher.
- Ensures they are fully prepared to implement plans for the day and to meet students’ needs by making oneself familiar with all substitute plans left for the day, including emergency protocols and student plans.
- Displays a willingness to think innovatively and engages with academic programming using a student-centered approach.
- Maintains timely arrival to school, classes and in other responsibilities where the staff member is expected to perform.
- Notifies the Director or Designee of any problems involving student management or discipline, and works collaboratively with teachers, counselors, and the Director to see that these problems are handled as effectively as possible.
- Culminates proper records of all students and advisees so that the returning teacher has what they need to assess the success of the day, including a personalized note/summary of the day.
- Maintains a positive attitude and growth mindset towards all students that is equitable, fair and respectful.
- Assists, and takes direction from, teaching staff in order to best deliver lessons.
- Supports students in their academic and behavioral development, as appropriate.
- Takes direction and feedback professionally and is able to implement with success.
- Shows flexibility with daily responsibilities.
- Takes initiative and keeps students’ best interest at the forefront of their work.
- Builds positive and productive relationships with students and staff.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong communication skills in speaking and writing, and a history of strong interpersonal skills and positive and productive relationships with students.
Additional Requirements Desired:
- A willingness to work as a member of a professional educational team.
- Speaking ability in Spanish or Portuguese is preferred.
Term of Appointment:
- As arranged with the Executive Director.
- No experience required
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required
Click Here to Apply through SchoolSpring:
About Us: The UCAP School: UNITY, COMMUNITY, ACHIEVEMENT, POSSIBILITY. The UCAP School opened its doors in 1989, as “The Urban Collaborative Accelerated Program,” to balance the scale for students at risk of dropping out. We are the only middle school in Rhode Island to partner with other school districts to identify and help students catch up with their grade and return to high school prepared and ready for success. Our supportive learning community has helped over 1,600 middle school students from Providence, Cranston and Central Falls through personalized, enriched journeys.
The UCAP School Mission: The UCAP School seeks to intervene in the lives of middle school students who are at risk of dropping out of high school. We provide relevant curriculum and enrichment opportunities to support the academic, social and emotional development of our students to ensure a successful transition from middle school to high school. We stress the importance of taking responsibility, having high expectations, setting goals, completing high school, working hard and having fun.
The UCAP School Vision: A supportive community in which all students thrive academically, socially and emotionally; graduate from high school; and lead productive and meaningful lives.
Equal Opportunity Employer The UCAP School is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.